Search McConkie Menu

Thursday, November 10, 2011

BLT Benedict

Back in September, I had the fun chance to spend a day in the city with some of my favorite girlfriends. We were celebrating a birthday, so of course, that had to involve delicious food! We went to an awesome breakfast/brunch place called The Bongo Room. It was a hecka long wait to get in, but it was well worth it... well, ok, I didn't love what I got. I STILL don't know what I was thinking!! BUT... But, what everyone else got looked incredible {& we did get 2 orders of sweet pancakes to share. Those were heavenly}!

One meal in particular caught my eye, and after trying a bite of my friends, I decided right then and there I would be recreating it at home very soon. And let me tell you... I was so glad I did. We LOVED it. In fact my husband went back and poached himself another egg because he couldn't get enough.

Since I totally just copied this from what I saw, there is no real recipe, but I will tell you what I did. If you like Eggs Benedict & Pesto, this is a must try!!

{also, I took the easy route and used store bought Hollandaise sauce, but I am sure this would be even better if you were to make it from scratch.}



BLT Benedict

Eggs {poached}
English Muffins
Spinach
Bacon
Tomatoes
Pesto Sauce
Hollandaise Sauce

Start by cooking your bacon. I wanted it to have some substance, so I purchased thick cut Applewood Smoked Bacon. Next, wash your tomatoes and spinach, slice tomatoes, and set aside.

Next prepare your poached egg. If you have never poached an egg before, it is incredibly easy. Much easier than I expected it to be the first time I tried it. And lets be honest, who cares if it doesn't look perfect?! Here is a basic instruction video to show you an EASY way to poach eggs:


While your eggs are cooking, prepare your sauce according to the package directions {of course if you are making homemade, I would start there instead of the bacon!}. Add in pesto sauce (to taste) and whisk. Toast your muffin and prepare it by layering spinach, tomato, and bacon on top. When your egg is ready, place it on top of the bacon, and pour a good amount of hollandaise on top. Eat while hot!




Really, its that simple folks. Like I said, no real recipe, just an idea and ingredients.

Now I REALLY want this.
Like, NOW! 

2 comments:

  1. Love the Bongo room. We got the yummiest pancakes there. Something with coconut, bananas, etc. I need to go back soon!

    ReplyDelete